Monday, March 10, 2014

St. Louise Response

After watching St. Louise, my initial thoughts are that making the almost 6 minute film probably took forever, and the amount of film the Film Junkies used, compared to our 1 minute film, must have been immensely greater.

The film itself looked really detailed for working with film. The Film Junkies clearly used a variety of artistic methods in playing with the film. Some of the methods I noticed were that they used magazine transfers, scratched, painted, bleached, and optically printed on the film. What made everything flow together was that each of these different methods were layered on top of one another to create a completely different effect that was visually more pleasing than just each effect individually.

Although, I couldn't really make out any overall theme to the film I think that music gives the film more of a sense of purpose. Without the music I think the film would give off a completely different vibe and would seem more chaotic. I think that the music helps transition the viewer through the film without getting caught up with all the different visual elements happening at the same time.

I really liked that the Film Junkies seemed to use a similar color palette throughout the film, and the optical printing they used was really cool.

After working on film for our project it definitely helps me put into perspective the effort and time that probably was spent creating this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment