Monday, March 17, 2014

Reflections on Crowdsourcing

Crowdsourcing is the process of taking a project and outsourcing it to a bunch of different people (http://dailycrowdsource.com/training/crowdsourcing/what-is-crowdsourcing). Crowdsourcing is a great tool for getting work done fast. You could have a really big project, but with a bunch of different people working on it at the same time, then you only end up doing a fraction of the work required. The beauty of crowdsourcing is that on top of getting the work done faster there are more people contributing to the project, thus more creative minds at work. The result is a unique compilation of different creative styles compiled into one body of work.

In my opinion crowdsourcing is an awesome way to get work done faster and to bring new ideas to a project. Working on the crowdsourcing project for class further cemented my opinion that crowdsourcing is a great way to get projects done. I think that because our project was crowdsourced the end result will be amazing. Based on some of my frames and the some of the other frames I have seen from other classmates I think that everyone’s creative style will work wonderfully together.


I really enjoyed this crowdsourcing project. It was something I had never done before and it gave me a better idea of what crowdsourcing a project could ultimately accomplish. Also, it’s not very often (in college at least) that I get to color for class. Coloring for the project was a lot of fun and provided me with something different other the normal paper or test to study for. Overall I really enjoyed working on the crowdsourcing project.

No comments:

Post a Comment