Monday, March 24, 2014

Bolex Long Take

For the Saturday shoot my group only had a lose idea of what we wanted to do so I wasn’t sure if our final product would be good or not. I also wasn’t super excited about having to go in on Saturday. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how everything turned out. My group’s video turned out pretty good (as good as a 1 long take can be), and I had some fun doing it. The weather being as nice as it was probably helped a little too. Also, I think not having the professor around was actually a really good idea. I think, in the end, I learned more than if I would have been guided through every step of the process.

What I enjoyed most about the project was using the Bolex camera and having to develop the film ourselves. I had never used anything like the Bolex before and as such it was a cool learning experience to step away from the digital world. Likewise, I had never had to develop film before and I was always curious as to how developing film worked.


The project was a lot more fun than I expected, and helped me to get to know my classmates better. I would definitely repeat the process again, without hesitation, if I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment